XY V8 Engine mount plates - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2007, 05:51   #1 (permalink)

XY V8 Engine mount plates

This question has been raised here before, I just can't find the threads, so apologies in advance.

I am after information in relation to XY V8 engine mounting plates. I need to know if there's a big difference between XY and XA. I believe I have XA plates in my XY which is causing my genuine shaker to hit the bonnet. I can't close the bonnet as the carb/Shaker sits too high. The manifold is a 4V Torker, but am switching to a Strip Dominator very soon.

I have an after market Shaker that just fits at the moment, but I can see the rubber seal is full stretched, as the shaker sits really high out of the bonnet.

Can someone offer any advice as to detailed measurements of XY V8 mounting plates, photographs or experiences they've had in regard to a similar, or exact problem as mine.

Thanks heaps guys, much appreciated.

Troy
XY GT Replica (Track Red), 351 4V, Forged Pistons, Rollers, Crower Solid Cam, MSD 6AL Ignition, MSD Distributor, Pacemaker 2" primary pipes, Twin Two and a Half inch exhaust, 31 Spline Top Loader, Daikin clutch, 31 Spline 3.5 Nodular 9", HO Brakes, Simmons B45s. No stereo, nothing but the sound of SWEET Cleveland music...ahhhh, the only woofer is the one that's in my yard. $$$
XYHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2007, 09:00   #2 (permalink)

Re: XY V8 Engine mount plates

Can't help with the measurements but I am pretty sure the XA-onwards lower engine mounts will not bolt in - bolt spacing is different. Check to see if all the bolt holes line up. XW-XY V8 lower mounts are about $40-$50 a pair on eBay - they come up pretty frequently (sadly don't have a spare set to sell ya!)

um....you sure it's not actually the manifold that is causing the clearance issue?
XWish Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 18:14   #3 (permalink)

Re: XY V8 Engine mount plates

Thanx there guys, I have to try it with my car since I have the same problem with my Honda engine mount...If not, I have to see my dealer soon....
Tnx and Good luck...
angelfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons