Yay! Now to lower... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2005, 04:06   #1 (permalink)
Insignifcant Other

Yay! Now to lower...

the modding has finally begun. couldnt be bothered waiting to get gt-p wheels (damn money) so i just bought those cheapo ones from bob jane. now it looks awesome but wierd at the same time. whats the ideal ride height to lower to, to avoid;
1. scraping on speed bumps and
2. going sideways over them like a tard

next on the agenda would be tint...dont think i could go through summer without it again!

thanks muchly
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2005, 07:22   #2 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: Yay! Now to lower...

i've got king lows... i've got no trouble with speed bumps and stuff. but it would be nice to be a bit lower, but where i live that's not possible. (dirt roads etc)
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:42   #3 (permalink)
old B - new B

just a tip for when you get your tint job done, make sure you get a tint with no metals in it for the BA as metal will cut down the radio reception considrably[ the aerial is in the back window ].

3M Scotchtint make a product called - colour stable black 35 - or -cs black- for short that is a carbon based film that was especialy designed to get around this problem.

most compeditors films are dye based that can fade and turn purple.
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 23:15   #4 (permalink)
Insignifcant Other

does the metaillic interfere with both am and fm? im thinking of getting it anyway cause i dont listen to the radio...although selling it might be a problem. um recommended percentage? i know the legal limit is 28% but im thinkin of 32. could be more obvious though cause i have a black car? oh yea ill post pics of what it looks like so far this arvo :)
Old 09-14-2005, 03:25   #5 (permalink)
old B - new B

the metal tint will effect the AM radio reception the most (low volume, statics, etc ) but it will also reduce the pick up of FM stations quite a bit as well.
in my BA ute with carbon tint i can pick up the local FM stations clearly for 100KM or more out of town and other poeple with metal tints on their BAs say that they have to change stations after 30 -40 KM .

the LEGAL limit for window tint is actually 35% visible light transmission and 10% refectivness.

35% films can vary a lot in apearance with some looking very light and others much darker.

on a black car with dark interior the window tint will look a lot darker as well.

metal films have more of a shine / reflectiveness to them so on the black car will stand out more than a none metal film. ( i would steer clear of dyed films as they mostly fade and turn purple )

high quality metal films will keep out a bit more heat than the carbon film while plain dyed film does bugger all.

most tint will stop 98 -99% UV

my rcomendation for a metal tint would be the 3M Scotchtint SP/CS black metal 35 or Solar Gard Quantum 38 . both are very good films backed be good companies.

my personal preferance for looks on a black car is still the 3m carbon black scotchtint film, it has the blackest colour of any legal tint , is gaurenteeded not to change colour , has very little reflectiveness, very clear to look out of.
it is avalabe in T35 (legal) or T20 (NOT legal)
the lower the number - the darker the tint.

WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:07   #6 (permalink)
Insignifcant Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351cid
the metal tint will effect the AM radio reception the most (low volume, statics, etc ) but it will also reduce the pick up of FM stations quite a bit as well.
in my BA ute with carbon tint i can pick up the local FM stations clearly for 100KM or more out of town and other poeple with metal tints on their BAs say that they have to change stations after 30 -40 KM .

the LEGAL limit for window tint is actually 35% visible light transmission and 10% refectivness.

35% films can vary a lot in apearance with some looking very light and others much darker.

on a black car with dark interior the window tint will look a lot darker as well.

metal films have more of a shine / reflectiveness to them so on the black car will stand out more than a none metal film. ( i would steer clear of dyed films as they mostly fade and turn purple )

high quality metal films will keep out a bit more heat than the carbon film while plain dyed film does bugger all.

most tint will stop 98 -99% UV

my rcomendation for a metal tint would be the 3M Scotchtint SP/CS black metal 35 or Solar Gard Quantum 38 . both are very good films backed be good companies.

my personal preferance for looks on a black car is still the 3m carbon black scotchtint film, it has the blackest colour of any legal tint , is gaurenteeded not to change colour , has very little reflectiveness, very clear to look out of.
it is avalabe in T35 (legal) or T20 (NOT legal)
the lower the number - the darker the tint.

cheers for the advice! i'll probably go for the 3M next week! will post pics asap!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:38   #7 (permalink)
Insignifcant Other

Old 09-24-2005, 00:46   #8 (permalink)

So the car has been lowered now? What springs did you use. I just bought super lows for the front and super super lows for the rear. Will post pics once I've installed them.
boj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons