Are You A Happy BA Customer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: List Your Level :)
I am So Happy I would Love 2 BA' s 138 51.88%
Very Happy 75 28.20%
Just Happy 53 19.92%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2003, 17:09   #1 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Are You A Happy BA Customer

I see quite a few threads on faults and poor finishing etc on the BA Falcon.
This thread is for the happy BA owners, so we can see the level of satisfied customers.

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2003, 17:21   #2 (permalink)
SM

Re: Are You A Happy BA Customer

More than happy!!
Old 10-08-2003, 18:21   #3 (permalink)

roll Re: Are You A Happy BA Customer

Isn't this Push Polling?

You only allow people to tell you how happy they are, a better indication would be a straight 'Are you satisfied with your BA, Yes or No'.
supermono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 19:10   #4 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

[QUOTE=supermono]Isn't this Push Polling?QUOTE]

Hi supermono, if you read the thread topic its for happy customers, you can start one for unhappy customers if you wish.

thx

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 19:29   #5 (permalink)

Tongue Re: Are You A Happy BA Customer

I thought I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Hi supermono, if you read the thread topic its for happy customers, you can start one for unhappy customers if you wish.

thx
supermono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 20:27   #6 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermono
I thought I did!
Yes, and just as you answered the question in your own thread title in your first post - thus setting a basis and parametres for the debate, so XRFPV8 has set his parameters with his first post.

He has a point too. It would be fantastic to buy a new car and never have any problems with it ever, but even Rolls Royces have faults and break down occasionally.

I ordered my car the first weekend they went on sale - I was one of the first BA XR owners on the forums, and while I have had faults with my car (the abysmal brake problem being worst amongst them) I can say I am VERY satisfied with the car's quality OVERALL.

Issues with poor servicing at dealer level are and should be separated from the issues of build quality, and while I sympathise with those that feel they have got a car thatís a lemon, I feel that the majority on here (especially those that have upgraded to the BA from the AU) will be able to say what a breakthrough effort the car is.

You donít spend $500 million and remake over 75% of a vehicle in a mid-life upgrade and expect to get away with 100% perfection, but to Fordís credit theyíve got a lot more right than they ever have before.

Remember that the Commode has won COTY about 3 or 4 times since it was released, yet it took until BA for the judges to think FoMoCo had finally made enough of an effort to get it themselves.

I really shake my head at people who say ĎI paid $50K for this car and it should be perfectí. My answer - welcome to the real world.

In any country bar Australia, these cars would be sold at a much higher price. The reason we get cars from the 4 main players at such a comparatively cheap price is that Falcon and Commodore prices force them to keep theirs at competitive levels. Look at the new Vectra Ė it costs more than a Commodore, which has caused itís sales figures to plummet, and you get the main answer on why Ford doesnít sell the Mondeo.

Respected motoring journalists (and there are few of them left) like Peter Robinson of Wheels, rave that our Falcon and Commodore are the best value cars in the world.

Look at the UK, where it can cost you up to 15,000 pounds (over $30K) to buy a decent small car and you can see where the Falcon and Commodore sit in terms of value for money.

While I donít say we should excuse or ignore faults with the product or the service or the way the dealers and FoMoCo handle these issues, I do say we spend far, far too much time focusing on the negative aspects and not on the positive (and I am as guilty of this as anyone else).

Perhaps we need to all stop ranting on how bad our cars are and be a bit more constructive in the way we look at this.

In 35 days it will be 1 year since I left the dealership with my XR6. So far Iíve covered over 26000km in the thing (considering I averaged 15000km each year for the two preceding buying it). Itís been to the dealer 5 times in total since then, and two of them were for entirely trivial issues. The service from my dealer isnít great, but Iím showing them my opinion of their work by switching to another dealer whoís gotten better recommendations from the people Iíve asked.

The car itself has never broken down, never refused to start, never let me down or complained when I abused it, tolerated being stuffed full of people and luggage for two major interstate trips and I still get looks and compliments despite everyone saying Blueprint is now too common.

I LOVE my car. I have never enjoyed a car as much as I enjoy my XR6, never still been enthused by another car when it was 12 months old. This is the fourth car I have ordered new from a dealer, and the eighth I have owned in 14 years, and I can say with both honesty and certainty that I have never owned a car as GOOD as the BA Falcon.

Itís not perfect Ė but then no car ever is, despite what some would wish Ė but your ownership experience tend to be what you make of it, and if a few problems give you a bad attitude towards your car, then you will never again be satisfied with it and may as well sell it right away.

Instead of everyone getting on here to bitch about how bad their Falcon is, how about some of the guys that have them and are really happy with them get on here and give us the thumbs up for a change.

Well, thatís my considerably more than 2 cents worth.

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 20:54   #7 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

I can't comment as don't own a BA.....but I want to say.....
Hear Hear JR and well said..............
Old 10-08-2003, 20:58   #8 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

REFER TO JR's comments :)

good stuff JR...i agree 100%
Old 10-08-2003, 21:02   #9 (permalink)
3FB's Peter Pan!!!

Well Said JR...
Like Bluedriver I cannot say what the BA experience is like but if its anything near as good (probably better) than the AU I have then theres no reason why all BA owners shouldnt have a smile from ear to ear.
Old 10-08-2003, 21:09   #10 (permalink)

JR,
Ditto, overall, given all the factors mentioned, good job from Ford, just the brakes issue, I guess in 23000kms in 8 months, 2 dodgy starts, no breakdowns.
baxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons