your experiences with Ford Dealerships - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2003, 08:01   #1 (permalink)
.au member

Question your experiences with Ford Dealerships

just going through a few different posts and I've noticed there are a few people on here with nothing but bad things to say about Ford and their customer service etc. I'm not at all trying to make these people look bad, but having had nothing but the very best service, advice and deals from our local dealer (Hillis Ford Wagga are a great place to buy a Ford - ask for Neil Kemp and he will give you an awesome deal!), I'm just curious as to what instances have let you down, or have made you feel really glad you bought a Ford.

When Dad bought his AUII we were sent a customer evaluation form from both Ford and the dealer, asking for our thoughts and opinions on the service we had recieved, how the car was going etc etc. We filled it in with nothing but praise for the dealer - which was all very much deserved (dealer principal even took me and mum out for lunch while Dad was doing the paperwork), and every service we get the car detailed and washed for no extra cost. Admittedly this is because we knoa basically everybody who works there as well as the dealer principal, but even people we've recommended to buy cars from there have been very impressed with the levels of service and just how far they go out of their way to make sure you're happy with what you've bought.

So, got any stories about your experiences with Ford dealers to share? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
back2thefutura is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2003, 13:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: your experiences with Ford Dealerships

hey

Wagga is not a small country town any more , for sure its grown but would be apart of the Country life style and service thats a natrual thing.
Not like in the city dealer ships there out for one thing ,, sell sell sell $$$$$$$$
customer second , sale 1st , money, money money , lie , bullshit , all the way just to show a statistic on the graph of sales.

Each to there own just my thought.
slothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 18:54   #3 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Here are some other views.

Ford Dealerships,which are the best?
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 20:20   #4 (permalink)

mad Re: your experiences with Ford Dealerships

I have unfortunately been having a lot of experience with Coffey Ford in Dandenong (Vic).
Customer service is fine, they even contact me to see how everything went after the service.
Although I have plenty of warranty issues with Ford, I am far more 'displeased' with the quality of work performed by this company.
They just don't care how they treat your vehicle.
My car has been damaged on almost every occasion it has been in for attempted rectification of warranty issues or their last stuff up.

Damage is typically cosmetic but includes;
Fresh engine oil on the passenger seat.
Dirty finger prints on the headlining.
Scratched trim.
Cuts in the dash pad.
Broken trim items.
Misaligned trim.

Why do I keep going back?
Because what else can I do when I'm still trying to get their damage repaired.
I can take the warranty work elsewhere, but as the damage normally relates to this warranty work, I think I am stuck until the warranty work is sorted out.

Anybody got a workable approach.
supermono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 21:57   #5 (permalink)
char

cool Re: your experiences with Ford Dealerships

I don't have as bad experiences as the other dudes but it took the dealership I go to 5 attempts to order a screw cap for one of my doors, it's pretty funny now looking back at it but at the time it pissed me right off. :D

And to top it off the last order they made (the right one) was because I found the part for them on the parts list *thumbs down*
However they were very sorry about it, if that's any consellation. :)
Old 10-05-2003, 22:27   #6 (permalink)

Yeah ive got nothing but good things to say about the dealership in Mildura, while I was waiting for the paperwork they threw me the keys to a black XR6 to have a strap in, and service department bend over backwards for ya, excellent guys, keep it up.
AU4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:00   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadowsky5
just going through a few different posts and I've noticed there are a few people on here with nothing but bad things to say about Ford and their customer service etc.
When I was looking for a new car when the BA just came out, visited 9 dealers and not one of them would allow me to take one for a test drive. On all but one occassion, the salesmen were exceptionally arrogant.

Obviously there are many people that are willing to put down ~40k+ on a car they've never test driven but I certainly won't.

Hence, I'm not driving a Ford right now... and if I look at another one then the only place I'll try is the dealership that didn't treat me like I was a lepper.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 02:52   #8 (permalink)
X-DM!!

That's strange Rodp, when the very first XT 220 V8 came to the Gold Coast the dealer said you better come and take a look. When my wife and I got there he through me the keys and said take it for a run and see what you think. Great car to drive as far as ride and handling, proberly the best I have driven but performance wise, very dissapointed. My comment was to him, I hope my XR8 goes better.
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:06   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
On all but one occassion, the salesmen were exceptionally arrogant.

Obviously there are many people that are willing to put down ~40k+ on a car they've never test driven but I certainly won't.

Hence, I'm not driving a Ford right now... and if I look at another one then the only place I'll try is the dealership that didn't treat me like I was a lepper.
Rodp, your not the only one mate.
I've had similar experiences with Ford dealerships. The pure and blatant arrogance is definitely there. Usually it starts right after the typcial quote "The Falcon is Wheels Car of the Year". (like I give a cr$#@$p ! has been my reponse back).
I cant wait for Wheels to announce their 2003 COTY (in Oct), so we can see all the propaganda (posters..) come down.

The next thing is the under-valuation of my trade-in. When I tried to trade-in my AUII, they under valued it by at least $2-3k of the real wholesale (not retail) value. So not only do they try to screw you on the price of a new car, but screw you on the trade-in as well !
The Ford dealers I have had some contact with are in Doncaster and Dandenong.

So I've decided to keep my AUII, which will probably slightly come back in value after the BA 'hype' is over. From what I can tell on other new cars from other manufacturers coming out, they are now heading down the path of the AU styling anyway (ie..Holden Commodore, new BMW 3 & 5 series, Audi's..etc).
The BA looks to much like an "old man's car", its a step to far backwards in terms of external styling.

So what I would order if I could would be an AUII/III body, but with a BA engine, transmission, suspension, and interior layout (minus the dry 'dog-nose' cheap looking dash...). My guess is that if I wait until 2005/6, thats what will be available anyway...
JamesA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:30   #10 (permalink)

The Mrs took the car in for a repair job, they needed the car for a few days, she had loan car orded but because she was a lousy 10 min late they gave her lone car to someone else. That stinks.
Their reason anyway. i think they stuffed up.
fordfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons