07 Mustang GT Auto Trans issues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 07:11   #1 (permalink)

07 Mustang GT Auto Trans issues

Hey All,I have just over 104,000 miles on my Mustang and have been having a lot of issues with the Trans both while driving and changing from park to reverse, and from reverse to drive, when changing between gears it's like the transmission gets stuck and I let off the brakes to roll back and nothing then seconds later slams into gear. I have had the same thing happen while driving I will be cruising at between 40-50 and I'll step on it to pass someone and it take a couple seconds for it too downshift and I will let off the gas and my rpm gauge will float at 3500 Rpms and I'll go to resume cruising and put some pressure on the gas pedal and it will slam into gear and it'll rev the engine. So a little back story hopefully this will help, while driving during a storm my car was hit by lightning and it wiped all my computer systems clean that's what the ford dealer told me anyway so they reprogrammed everything and replaced some sensors that got fried my first thought would be to get a transmission flush but not sure if that would help with the clunks I get. Sorry for the length and any advice is appreciated

Thank you,
Hercules323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 20:21   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 07 Mustang GT Auto Trans issues

If the trans hasn't been serviced lately, that would be a good idea. Is it full of fluid?
Old 01-31-2013, 20:38   #3 (permalink)

When it was at the dealer back in September I asked and they said it was but after that I found out that since its a fully sealed Trans there is no fluid dipstick to check so it might not be full

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-31-2013, 20:50   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 07 Mustang GT Auto Trans issues

2005-10 Mustang Transmission Pan & Dipstick Kit for 5R55s at LRS - Free Shipping!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:07   #5 (permalink)

Oh awesome thank you

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline