2000 Taurus shaking,front end - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 15:19   #1 (permalink)

2000 Taurus shaking,front end

Hi, I have a 2000 Taurus that I just got and I have a shake in the front end I have replaced the rotors , ball joints, cv axles,motor mounts and trans mount,It got a little better after the motor mounts. I have also put on new tires and had an alignment . any Ideas would be appreciated
gregh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2007, 16:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2000 Taurus shaking,front end

Wheel bearings possibly, maybe you threw a wheel weight and the tires are out of balance, possibly a bad rim
jlebreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:43   #3 (permalink)
00gtr1

When does it shake? while driving? what speed? braking? taking off? be more specific. seems like u covered everything. maybe its the transmission but I need to know if its an AX4N or an AX4S if it's an AX4S I might be able to help.
00gtr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 14:24   #4 (permalink)

Hi and thanks for the replys, Ok This car has an ax4s Transmission,It shakes at highway speeds,everthing is good and tight in the front end, The Rims have been checked they are good and I know that Its not the tires. I swear I think that Its Driveshaft shutter and Its coming from the transmission. The transmission seems to be very good , It shifts great and the car runs great . I just need to get this problem fixed It's about to drive me crazy. any Ideas? Thanks Greg
Old 01-24-2007, 16:44   #5 (permalink)
00gtr1

now does the steering wheel shake? or do you feel it in the seat of the car? It sounds like you have a bad tire or its out of balance. Are all the tires the same brand? and are they all new?
Old 01-24-2007, 17:24   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregh
Hi and thanks for the replys, Ok This car has an ax4s Transmission,It shakes at highway speeds,everthing is good and tight in the front end, The Rims have been checked they are good and I know that Its not the tires. I swear I think that Its Driveshaft shutter and Its coming from the transmission. The transmission seems to be very good , It shifts great and the car runs great . I just need to get this problem fixed It's about to drive me crazy. any Ideas? Thanks Greg
Borrow some wheels to eliminate that problem and then check the wheel bearings .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 17:51   #7 (permalink)

The steering wheel shakes a little but It can be felt in the seat also. No funny noises just like the other post It has kind of a rythum real real low hum hum hum when going highway speed you can't even really hear It It's just there, with the front shaking, the brakes work fine I hope that dosent sound crazy. If there was a bearing bad wouldnt there be play in it like if you jacked the car up and wiggled it like you do to check a ball joint?Everthing feel real tight I have had the front end up in the air and so did the guys that did the alighnment they said It was all tight nothing lose. Thanks Greg
Old 01-29-2007, 17:42   #8 (permalink)
00gtr1

I would have to say you have a tire issue. Possible sliped belt or out of round tire. That hum hum noise tells me its a tire making noise. If the sterring wheel shakes while your on the brakes I'd say you have a warped rotor. I've never had a loose wheel bearing on a taurus. when they go bad they just make a growling noise. So I'd say double check your tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline