Ford Forums banner

2000 Taurus shaking,front end

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  00gtr1 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 2000 Taurus that I just got and I have a shake in the front end I have replaced the rotors , ball joints, cv axles,motor mounts and trans mount,It got a little better after the motor mounts. I have also put on new tires and had an alignment . any Ideas would be appreciated

#4 ·
Hi and thanks for the replys, Ok This car has an ax4s Transmission,It shakes at highway speeds,everthing is good and tight in the front end, The Rims have been checked they are good and I know that Its not the tires. I swear I think that Its Driveshaft shutter and Its coming from the transmission. The transmission seems to be very good , It shifts great and the car runs great . I just need to get this problem fixed It's about to drive me crazy. any Ideas? Thanks Greg

#6 ·
gregh said:
Hi and thanks for the replys, Ok This car has an ax4s Transmission,It shakes at highway speeds,everthing is good and tight in the front end, The Rims have been checked they are good and I know that Its not the tires. I swear I think that Its Driveshaft shutter and Its coming from the transmission. The transmission seems to be very good , It shifts great and the car runs great . I just need to get this problem fixed It's about to drive me crazy. any Ideas? Thanks Greg
Borrow some wheels to eliminate that problem and then check the wheel bearings .

#7 ·
The steering wheel shakes a little but It can be felt in the seat also. No funny noises just like the other post It has kind of a rythum real real low hum hum hum when going highway speed you can't even really hear It It's just there, with the front shaking, the brakes work fine I hope that dosent sound crazy. If there was a bearing bad wouldnt there be play in it like if you jacked the car up and wiggled it like you do to check a ball joint?Everthing feel real tight I have had the front end up in the air and so did the guys that did the alighnment they said It was all tight nothing lose. Thanks Greg

#8 ·
I would have to say you have a tire issue. Possible sliped belt or out of round tire. That hum hum noise tells me its a tire making noise. If the sterring wheel shakes while your on the brakes I'd say you have a warped rotor. I've never had a loose wheel bearing on a taurus. when they go bad they just make a growling noise. So I'd say double check your tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.