2005 Ford Freestyle Transmission Issue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 10:09   #1 (permalink)

2005 Ford Freestyle Transmission Issue

New to the this board and I am searching for some help.

Have a 2005 Ford Freestyle with 37,685 miles. Has the CVT transmission. Did not purchase an extended service plan. Issue is that a bushing in the transmission has gone bad, released pressure/fluid and the shaft is roughed up. $3000 to fix at dealership.

1) Contacted Ford and they will not help. Out of warranty by 1,685 miles.
2) I am going to attempt to appeal to the local Service Manager for assistance on the quote.
3) Can anyone offer any guidance?

This is my first Ford product. It may be my last. I am disusted that a bushing goes bad at 37K miles (1700 past warranty) and Ford offers nothing. A transmission should not go bad at 37K miles.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
State91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2008, 08:14   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: 2005 Ford Freestyle Transmission Issue

That's sad to hear. Keep in mind Ford gambled with the CVT transmission and no longer offer it in many of their mainstream vehicles. I'm not sure of your states lemon law guidelines but it might be something to look into. You may be out of luck as the vehicle is three years old, but its still worth a try to save 3K! Search online for any TSB's (Technical Service Bulletin) on the CVT transmission. I'm not sure if it'd be possible; But for $3K, I'd tell Ford to take out the CVT and install a 6 speed auto! Oh, be sure to visit a couple dealerships with the problem to get some more opinions.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline