Ford Forums banner

4 speed auto wanting to play Mister 3 speed

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  MADNC_8 
#1 ·
I've just sorted out my EA falcon, I put MPFI on it, it was CFI, so i pluged it straight in and it didn't have any 4th gear in the auto.
I went to my local falcon wreckers and got a loom connector that goes to joins the manifold up to the computer. There were some different coloured wires on the original connector, but i though that I managed to work out which was which, pulged it back in, and still no kick down or 4th gear, but it does idle better then before, where it was neally stalling at traffic lights and all, not it doesn't do that.

Can anybody tell me what they have done if they rewired their original wiring loom to fit to MPFI. By the way, you need to have a 4 speed auto to help me at all.

Thanks, Jason

#4 ·
Make sure u connected yer Throttle position sensor for your gearbox. Remeber on the EA2-EB1, it is a dual gang TPS...

Brent

#8 ·
i made a post last night; it didnt go through.
have you got the EF TPS hooked up to the ECU?
i read somewhere that someone hooked up the same TPS that ran the ECU to the gearbox also. if you knew the pinouts on all 3 looms that should be pretty easy to try.

hope this helps

Jase

#9 ·
mmm, I'll have to try, but I realy would like to stuff around as little as possible and running 2 TPS sounds like the way to go, if had it all sorted out I would do it later on, but at the moment I don't want to do that, but it looks like it will have to stay this way at least over the neext week, cos none of the falcon wreckers in my town have what i need :(

#13 ·
doesnt wayne have this car now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.