Ford Forums banner

5sp gear shifter surround in fairmont

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Red_EB_S 
#1 ·
soon i should be doing an auto to manual conversion on my fairmont but it occured to me last night that i am going to have a problem with shifter surround and boot colours.

my interior is the beige/coffee sort of colour and the bit around the gear shifter is brown and as far as i know there was no falcons, futuras or xr's with this colour, just grey.

so my question is, how am i going to change the colour of the surround and the boot?

#2 ·
You will find that the gear boot is the same colour in all interior variants. The plastic surround and boot are grey all models. My mate had a mustard colour interior and his shifter surround and boot were grey. I've never seen any other colour.

#6 ·
Just went to supershit and bought some vinyl primer and vinyl paint and clear coat for protection...

All up cozt about $30 for the 3 cans...

Cheep as chips. I used 2cans of black, 1 can of primer, 1 can of clear to do everything that is grey, besides doors...lol

Cheers, Rayos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.