85 Mustang C5 shifting problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 18:40   #1 (permalink)

confused 85 Mustang C5 shifting problem

Doing this for my son. He has a 85 Mustang with a V6 and a C5 auto. He just replaced it with one from a parts breaker because the other had suffered from the radiator rusting through and sharing coolant with the tranny. So 250 bucks later he has another C5 and radiator. He spent 2 days replacing the tranny, hooked up everything but we have an issue. Want to make sure it isn't something he did before we drive back to Atlanta to exchange for another tranny. When he got the transmission he did not notice until he got home the Neutral safety switch plug was smashed. He guessed at the pins and finally got the car to start and reverse light to come on. My question is does anyone have a pin out with wire colors for the switch? Second question is that when he was driving the car it wouldn't shift up and shuddered really badly, wouldn't get over 15 miles an hour. He troubleshot to a vacuum leak and a bad modulator. Replaced it but he wants to make sure we have the wires in the correct pins before he starts it again. Thank you in advance for any help you can be.
jbbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 19:07   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: 85 Mustang C5 shifting problem

This is the closest thing I can find: http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/ca...-13_174243.png
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline