Ford Forums banner

9" diff???

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Beefchief 
#1 ·
i'm just wondering how much it would cost to get a 9" LSD diff for my ea, my mate's uncle has a xy with a 351 cleavland in it and a 9" LSD diff and he says that the 9" is the best and strongest diff you can get.

just wondering how much it would cost to get one installed and were.

#2 ·
Try Sydney Competition Warehouse, they did a 9 inch for my mates VH Commie.

It will have to be modified to fit the EA mounting brackets and will require an engineers certificate for legality of installation.

Looking at 2K or more unless you know someone, which judging by this thread you dont.

#3 ·
im after a 9" for my car, and i was told it was going to cost either $1000 or $2000 for one. i cant remember which one it was :doh:

#4 ·
A 9" diff on an relatively stock EA will chew ALOT of power!!!
The 9" is really only good if your putting through huge amounts of power, such as a 351 Cleveland would be.

#13 ·
yeah theres no need for a 9 inch imo.

i went for a detroit locker and a ed falcon xr8 axles (28 spline) with a 4 pin centre with a set of 3.7 gearset in it.

whole lot cost me 1300.

the 28 spline axles is exactly what the nine inch runs unless you get aftermarket or gt 31 spline axles.

vl turbo boys pump 300+rwkw into them to run low nine sec passes so theres no doubt on the b/w diff in the falcons can handle some grunt.

we'll see anyway as i getting closer to trying my diff out at handeling 450rwkw!!!! hehehehhehe cant wait.

stick with the b/w just beef it up.- ends up being cheaper

cheers.joe.

#14 ·
xtream ea said:
whats an over kill
As the saying goes "killing a mosquito with a bazooka".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.