Ford Forums banner

9 Inch LSD

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dodge 
#1 ·
What price would you pay for a secondhand 31 spline Posi diff centre 3.5 ratio or what would you pay for a fully rebuilt one.. 'Im asking as i will be looking at buying some diff centres when i do my USA trip in oct and want to make sure that i dont overpay so i can sell them here so everyone is happy.
I have just had my diff rebuilt here for $ 450 thats parts and labour only.

#2 ·
Unfortunately what they are worth and what people will pay for them are two different things. I have virtually given away some top shelf parts over the years. Everyone whats the stuff, but very few are willing to put their money where there mouth is. After all, car modifying is just a hobby - and a damn expensive one at that.

A rebuilt centre is worth about a grand both here and in the states. Whether or not there is a market for them remains to be seen. I sold a 31 spline nodular centre with new detroit locker, daytona pinion, 1330 yoke, new bearings, and new gears for $1200. It cost over $3000. Nobody seemed to want it............

If you must proceed, get 28 spline. I know they are not as good, but that is where your market will be.

#3 ·
I've sold a 28 spline 3.5 LSD disc to disc 9" that was reco'd 3mths before I bought the chassis for $700. I know is was cheap but I did sell it to a mate.

I witnessed a 28 spline 3.7 minispooled 9" drum to drum sell for $800 in about the same time it takes for your heart to beat once yesterday.

Racers right 28 splines where the market is definately. More people on the street are running 28 spline.

Brenden

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.