Ford Forums banner

9inch into xe

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  aussiemart 
#1 ·
g day,

i am going to get a 9inch diff made up from a diff shop for my xe because im putting in a 351c,

because it has coil springs, i will need a pan hard bar but the bar that is on the borg warner in the car at the moment is attactched to the diff housing and i cant do this with the 9inch, what do other people do about is?

eventurally the car will hav c4 auto and 351, um will the tail shaft and or uni joints have to be changed ?

cheers

#2 ·
You can run the original watts link it just sits on a funny angle, if you have acces to a press it takes about 5 mins to bend the arms so it all lines up properly, I personally couldn't be bothered, and never had a problem with it.

std tailahsft may be just a fraction too long, my one fitted in but didn't have enough slip on the yoke. The rear uni may be different but it is easy fix, just use a combination uni that has one side for the orig shaft and one for the 9" yoke.

std swaybar wont fit with the 9" housing, have to get one made for a 9".

#4 ·
Ive had sorts of trouble with my xe nine inch conversion,,,,watts bolt hits tank,,cant get brake caliper bolts in,,and diff housing has over 9 degress of pinion angle so its undrivable,,,still dont know what to do with the peice of
crap,,place who did the job says theres nothing wrong with the difff mountings,,,ive had the caliper side of it fixed and ive shortened the lower arms(not ideal) to get the correct pinion angle but this is not allowed in my class of racing so its back to the square one,,,Anyone used supa trick for this conversion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.