AOD onto crossflow! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2004, 23:24   #1 (permalink)
1974 xl tc 250 cortina

AOD onto crossflow!

I am thinking of using an LPG turbo alloy head crossflow, AOD and an ed xr 6 disc brake lsd in my tc cortina.

You know how you try and conceive the best set up for your car and then go about trying to see if it's possible, well thats what I am doing now. Seeing if its possible. Now thats where you guys come in.

The turbo crossflow in cortina part is ok but I need to know if;

Is the AOD onto the crossflow possible? Is it an easy fit? What is required for the change? Has anyone done it before?

Will the AOD be compatible with the tailshaft of the cortina? Any other problems like trans tunnel clearance etc?

I really really want an overdrive so I can run some lower gears in the diff and still be able to highway cruise.

I am also looking in to the http://www.gearvendors.com/hrford3s.html and although expensive, looks good, but does not have as tall an overdrive, .78 instead of the .67 for the AOD.

I live in Melbourne so are there any other places in melb that have AOD's for sale besides Trans Tough?

Are there any places that strengthen the AOD's in melb, as I will eventually be running about 300rwkw hopefully.

I have been to the art carr and baumann engineering sites. I may look at importing a strengthened Art Carr AOD if nothing similar is available in melb.

But first I gotta see if its feasable.

Any info is much appreciated.

thanks
thek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 17:34   #2 (permalink)

Re: AOD onto crossflow!

y would u ever want 2 use the aod there a terrible auto. there not very strong and o so expensive 2 replace castlemaine rod shop mite make an adapter for it

i think it would be easier just 2 drop the whole I6 and auto in if thats really what u want

if u just want it 4 the overdrive a manual would be a better option something like a supra 5 speed or even a T5
fatjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 01:09   #3 (permalink)
1974 xl tc 250 cortina

Re: AOD onto crossflow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjake
i think it would be easier just 2 drop the whole I6 and auto in if thats really what u want

if u just want it 4 the overdrive a manual would be a better option something like a supra 5 speed or even a T5
I want to use a crossflow cause they are real easy to slot in to TC cortys apparently. The crossflows have been turboed a fair bit as well, so that will be easy too, hopefully. Can you get a 4 speed auto on an alloy head x flow from the factory?

I really want an overdrive so I can run a 3.7 or 3.9's. Yep, a manual is a thought but Id rather have the auto for drag and layziness reasons.

I may just go the c4 and run taller gearing but I want to check out the AOD option, and others, first.
thek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline