Ford Forums banner

AU 5spd conversion questions

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GT 0909 
#1 ·
hey guys
i got an au series 1 falcon 6cyl and im growing tired of the auto gearbox im finding it very boring. Iv also been told my car will go a lot harder with a manual box in it.
just wondering whether any of u out there have converted a au from an auto to a manual???????How should i go about this should i buy a box from a wrecker or just get a place to supply and fit the whole thing??????Anyone know of any places in brisbane that i should go to that would do a good job.

#3 ·
sweet thanx for that ill have to pop them a line see what prices they charge for a auto to manual conversion. anyone had any experience with these guys??????anyone got some other places in QLD that i should try to have this work done by.

#4 ·
Small's Wreckers out at Redcliffe quite often have complete setups out of XR's, etc. Way to go, as everything you need is there, including manual ECU. I'm sure they'll do a trade for your old stuff - probably won't give you fair market value for it, but is quicker and easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.