Ford Forums banner

AU BTR 4 Speed Auto...Is it Reliable?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Walkinshaw 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

The 4 Speed Autos on the AU Series...Are they Reliable??. Ive seen the stories about 4 speed autos getting rebuilt with as little as 140/150,000 on the clock...do the AU series have the same issues?, or is it a matter of how it has been looked after/treated in its life?. I always like to service my trannys every 40,000k...how often do you AU owners service yours?

Thanks

Extreme

#2 ·
Without knowing what the previous owner had done, I got mine serviced last week when it started leaking, also got my trans cooler fitted.

This is what I got done.

Planning to do it every 40,000 from now on, they said the car's in good nick.. and yeah, im happy with that :)

It's just ticked over 122,000km's

#3 ·
Fit a trans cooler and get it serviced every 50,000ks.The Ford 4 speed is the nicest and most reliable of all automatics.Bit of trivia,my EB clocked 900,000ks on the original box and was still going when I sold it and my AU is up to 577,000ks without a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.