AUII XR8 drivetrain problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 04:28   #1 (permalink)

AUII XR8 drivetrain problems

hey people's....

i love my car and i really dont want to sell it, but its continous problems that im going to have if i keep it.
I am a mechanic only a year about my apprenticeship but i do know what im talking about.

In all honestly the problem lies with my driving stlye, but what doesnt help is the extra power the car has, the 19inch wheels that are on it and axle tramp.

Im not changing my driving style!

Brief run down, xr8 220kw tickford manual 5sp.
Bigger injectors, stronger fuel pump, full ss air induction kit, bigger throttle body, different cams, pacemaker extractors with full exhaust system, 345 diff gears.

Now i had the car for 3 days and i dropped the clutch and went to do a burnout and snapped the LHR axle shaft in the hub, and needed a axle shaft a wheel bearing and hub. $800 there luckily i did the job at work so it was cheaper and i got a shaft for $250 after market, better than $1000 genuine.
3 days after that same thing but this time i snapped the new axle shaft and the spider gears in the diff. Once again $1300. Found out non gen shafts are crap so put gen back in.
The previous owner always had gearbox problems and case was crap, so i got a brand new t5 tremec 5sp for $2500, and got custom heavy duty clutch made for it and a steel flywheel $1000.
The other day i put my foot down after a corner and the diff blew. I havent pulled it apart yet but its leaking out the pinion, and i know the pinion and crownwheel will be destroyed and its got no drive. So lets say i fix that so there is another $1000.

The gearbox has been modified to hold more power but i know adventurally something will go, most probs 2nd. Stand diff will go again. I like driving manuals and im not putting a auto in it!!!

Now do i fix it cheaply, sell it and put in some more $$ and buy a BA xr8 or xr6 turbo with less kms, with the 6sp manuals($7000), and put the typhoon rims i have now on the AU on that car.
Or do i put a 9inch in it and, hope the box stays together. Do i see a suspension place about axle tramp and spend more money??
Do i just cut my losses, which i dont want to do as i like this car.

If someone can post about information that will help, i would much appreciate it, Thanks...
sexr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline