Ford Forums banner

auto gearbox probs

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
auto gearbox probs

Hi all,
I own a ED XR6 auto (unfortunatley) and am having trouble with the gear box. I can be doing 100 k's on the express way and drop it into 1st 2nd 3rd and the revs stay the same (as in 4th gear) as long as i dont have my foot on the accelerator, however when i touch the accelerator it near red lines if anyone as any clues to whats going on that would be great.
Thanx

#2 ·
YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO 1ST AT 100KPH??????
Don't worry, this is normal operation mate. It stops boxes spraying their cogs all over the highway.

#3 ·
it just worries me because, say i was pulling up to a set of lights a little to quick,befor i was able to put it in 3rd and it would slow down a little quicker as the revs would change, but now it does nothing.
(by the way i want to put in a manual gearbox, does any one know how much it would cost just for all the gear, not to fit it though)

#4 ·
Hi Yah,

I am a regular visitor to both this site and the Victorian XR site. Have a look on the Vic site under for sale - complete 5 speed conversion for 700 bucks. It's about two weeks old but you don't know your luck in the big city.

Cheers
Paul B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.