Auto Shift Help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2003, 08:35   #1 (permalink)

Auto Shift Help

I have an ea 3 pedd box and the buton on the t-bar seems to stick in sometime and just tonight when ever i try to change it into park the lever gets stuck on reverse.. can anyone tell me how to fix this problem .. is it just a matter of removing the t bar and finding out what is stoping it or is it something in the gearbox
d_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2003, 03:54   #2 (permalink)

Re: Auto Shift Help

I changed my auto shift knob from NA to 96 LTD and found that if I had the knob screwed down too tight it would do what you explained,try loosening the knob,undo the nut a bit and then loosen knob to see if that fixes problem then tighten nut again
torpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 21:48   #3 (permalink)
Spac_Crazyman

yeah, thats exactly what i did to mine too. just have a fiddle around with it, i doubt it has anything to do with the transmission.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:25   #4 (permalink)

Re: Auto Shift Help

thanks guys for the help.. but ijust found the problem .. it was a little pece of plastic that holds the top of the t bar.. undo 2 screws and take the top off and it was stuck on the white l shaped piece that pushs the level down... but thanks for your help
d_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline