Ford Forums banner

auto shudder at 80km

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  b-juggles 
#1 ·
hi all

i have an xh ute which starts to shudder at around 80km, took it to a transmission shop and they reckon it is the torque convertor. he said i could either replace it for a ridiculous price or just simply cut the wire and disconnect it which is common practice for taxi's apparently. he stated the only disadvantage is that the box runs slightly hotter however taxis still go for ages. before i consider such an action though, i thought i would get a second opinion.
so does anyone know if this is true and secondly are there any other disadvantages or potential problems that might arise?

#2 ·
exactly what wire did they want to cut? what is the exact problem? is the problem cause the torque convertor dont lock up or what? if trans runs too hot and you dont have a trans cooler, you will fry the internals. Heat is an auto boxes biggest killer. Just something to think about...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.