B&M meets BW model 40 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 07:42   #1 (permalink)

B&M meets BW model 40

Hey guys, Ive fitted a B&M megashifter into the ltd and I am curious to know of which shift plate to buy to adapt the cable to the Borg Warner model 40 3spd auto, so far i have done the dodge and made a plate with a few holes in it to do the job for now but it is a bit stiff at P/R/N end but shifts smooth with the ratchet thru 1/2/D so i hope a genuine shift plate will sort this out.

I am tippin that maybe a C4/6/9 might be the right dimensions but will be different at the imput shaft so its not a perfect fit but maybe some other version like a T700/500, powerglide with an extra hole in it to suit the 3spd.
I have searched the parts list from B&M but cannot find any answers.

Anyone had any experience?
n00bus m@x1mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline