Ford Forums banner

BA XR diff problems driver abuse ?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JC-XR8 
#1 ·
G'day all.I'm a new member here.I have just seen an mpeg of a XR6T doing a burnout at the Easternats at Sandown.It had me thinking about the recent threads about diff problems in the XR falcons.This diff seemed to hang in there under extreme abuse so I just wonder how much abuse the cars are getting that are having problems.I'm picking up a new Venom Red XR8 manual on Friday.I certainly won't be abusing the thing but will expect the diff to be fixed if I have do have problems.Just for the record I paying $48000 for it with Leather interior.Can't wait.

#2 ·
My Diff had no OIL in it at all when I took it back after 7000k's. I hadn't done a burn out at all. I wish I could say I was doing what those boys at easternats, at least I would have had some fun. My Clutch plate also stuffed up after my first decent launch off the line. only released clutch at about 2500rpm.

Hope these are only rare occurances.
Enjoy your ride

L

#3 ·
Re : Boss 8

Hey Boss 8,it sounds like you may never had oil in the diff ? Did you notice any leaks at all ? It's hard to understand the clutch going awol with such little work.I have some very close firends that work at Ford Product Engineering and they told me that during testing the XR8 had over 50 "drop the clutch" drag starts without a hiccup.
I certainly won't be pleased if mine has trouble after normal driving.
I'll post a pic soon of my new Venom Red XR8 for those that haven't seen one. :)

#4 ·
Re: Re : Boss 8

srv dt said:
Hey Boss 8,it sounds like you may never had oil in the diff ? Did you notice any leaks at all ? It's hard to understand the clutch going awol with such little work.I have some very close firends that work at Ford Product Engineering and they told me that during testing the XR8 had over 50 "drop the clutch" drag starts without a hiccup.
I certainly won't be pleased if mine has trouble after normal driving.
I'll post a pic soon of my new Venom Red XR8 for those that haven't seen one. :)
Welcome aboard mate, everyone's probably seen a Venom Red XR but another sure aint gonna hurt,cheer's.

#6 ·
There were no signs of leaks at all. I have a new concrete driveway which the car is always parked and there was nothing. Even the dealer seemed a bit reluctant to tell all so I suspect a factory stuff up it may have been! Still stoked at the power/looks/handling of the car. Got to expect these teething probs with a series 1 new model.

L

#7 · (Edited)
laminge - yours is an auto isn't it? I wonder if there will be less probs with the autos as they transfer less output to the rear wheels - and I know yours has got loads of power since the Herrod mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.