BA XR8 diff/driveline problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2005, 15:59   #1 (permalink)

confused BA XR8 diff/driveline problems

just wanted to know if anyone with a 03 BA xr8 manual has had any trouble with a very loud clunking noise whilst changing gears or while the car is turning?? my XR8 sounds like the hole rear end of the car is going to fall apart when i change gears!!! after COUNTLESS amounts of times being takin to the local ford dealer and them sayin they've fixed it, it is only gettin worse! about two weeks ago i was driving home when it finally said enough is enough and sure enough it let go and spat the drivers side axle! again after being sent to the local dealer and gettin a new axle the bloody thing is still clunking and making some horrible noises!!! after pullin most of my hair out i had a bit of good luck in a mate who had recently got a job at the local ford dealership and after ONE look at it found the diff itself had a major leak, some sort of bush inside the diff was totally flogged out and about 3 other really obvious things where F*#ed so its booked in monday to get pretty much a whole new diff put in it!!
brent_013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline

Related Reading: BA XR8 diff/driveline problems