Ford Forums banner

Bellhousing Concentricity / Runout

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  turbotrana 
#1 ·
G'Day, started putting the TKO in today - finally.

Mounted my Dellow's bellhousing to check concentricity/runout and squareness to the block.

From websites and other info I read that max allowable runout can be no more that 0.005" I've measured +/-0.0035" so I'm happy with that.

I measured +/-0.004" when checking the bellhousing face where the gearbox mounts up for squareness to the block. ie: I zeroed out the dial gauge at the "6 o'clock" position and then had a reading of 0.008 at "12 o'clock".

I read that max allowable parallelism is 0.002" (centreforce) or 0.005(McLeod). Am I good to go?

Could someone please confirm if a manual states a max allowable number eg 0.005 it means +/- and not the total displacent read off the gauge???

Thanks

I may have left some dirt & crap on the block facing which I'll clean off tomorrow and check again.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I had heaps of problems with Dellow and would never use them again. I would return it (if they would take it back) and use a Castlemain Rod Shop housing.

Essentially I had a Supra to 202 belhousing and the measurements were out in three places. Firstly the faces were not parallel (1), secondly the housing was machined by so that the input shaft was not true with the spigot(2) and thirdly the input shaft only entered the spigot for about 4mm which ended up stuffing the spigot(3). This caused vibration problems. I machined the housing to fix up (1) and (3) but you can never fix (2) so it still causes a slight vibration

The worst thing was that I contacted Delow and spoke to a teenage (sounded like) twirp on the phone who indicated to me that the input shaft going just 4mm into the spigot was normal and the bellhousing could not be made any other way cause it would foul the clutch. He was just talking sh-t. They were of no help and I suggest not to deal with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.