Camber/castor adjustment? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2003, 16:37   #1 (permalink)

Question Camber/castor adjustment?

Just read in the FPV section that all FPV models will have adjustable camber and castor both front and rear.

Does any one know if this is also true for some or all of the rest of the BA range?
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2003, 06:32   #2 (permalink)

Can't find were you read this but the AUs had camber and TOE ajustments on the rear (with XR IRS of course just toe on other IRS) and just toe on the front and if you were lucky a shims worth of ajustment of camber and castor.

Havn't had a good look at the BAs yet but they a least have a toe ajustment on the rear and as far as i know toe only on the front
sbeaugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 06:42   #3 (permalink)

if Ford are smart, they would have included Camber adjust.

I remember when i did Work Experience as a Tyre Fitter, that the Falcons we fid wheel alignments on didnt have Camber adjust (as mentioned), and he pointed out that made it harder to prolong tyre life, because the Falcon's camber was out.
Barra_4_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 13:54   #4 (permalink)

the FPV vehicles have a different rear stub axle that enables camber adjustment, not sure if the XR's get the adjustable ones but the standard cars dont get adjustable rear camber. The front suspension is same as AU basically so you can adjust toe easy and then fit shims to change camber and castor. Its not had to do but you need to know how thick a shim to fit to change the settings to where you want them. its a bit of an art.
harasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 15:20   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
The front suspension is fully adjustable for camber, castor and toe. Previous optional adjustment kits for high performance Tickford applications are now standard on all models.
sbeaugs, thats a quote from an article posted by RPO83 here.

I know that the AU front end is slightly adjustable for camber/castor, in my experience this has not always been enough.

As an ex wheel aligner, I think all cars should be fully adjustable at the front, especially in a country like Oz as our roads are quite rough. Full adjustabillity in front ends, if used appropriately, can make a massive difference to tyre wear as well as a cars general driveability.

It can also make things a whole lot cheaper and easyer if you plan to lower your car. In my experience lowering an AU has, without fail, put the front alignment well outside the limmited camber/castor adjustability.
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline