Ford Forums banner

Can anyone recommend a reputable driveline expert in Melbourne?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SPALDING GREEN 
#1 ·
Its time l had the driveline in my GT inspected by a knowledgeable driveline place in Melbourne. At this stage l think l would like to obtain a thorough assessment on where they think the shunt is originating from. Is it the diff only, or are the half shafts, gearbox and god knows what else all contributing to cause excessive backlash? Fords unwillingness to admit there is a problem and do something about it makes me think several components could be at fault.

Once l know what the problem is l can then decide whether to repair it myself and try and get FPV to pay, or if the problem is too great at least l will have some evidence to take back to FPV.

Does anyone know if a good place in Melbourne to take the car to?

Thanks Simon

#2 ·
Simon, I have had driveline shunt and a whine in the diff of my XR8 for quite a while. Finally got a new diff fitted yesterday and the difference is amazing, no more clunking and banging.Nice and smooth as it should be,hope this may help.

Cheers Ray.

#6 ·
philstoj said:
forget ford dude, they will just string you out forever...
take it to a good diff shop and get em to tighten up the diff, that should fix it..
Do you mean Ford itself or the dealer. It's the dealer who interprates whether there is a fault & fixes it not Ford Aust, I beleive driveline clunks should be fixed & if your not happy with that dealer go to another if possible, if not complain to ford about the dealer in a constructive way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.