Ford Forums banner

Castrol oil- diffs still quiet?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  GT BLOKE 
#1 ·
Guys,

After reading some earlier topics on noisy BW LSD diffs and the solution being to use the Castrol synthetic oil, I was wondering how it was performing in your cars?

For the guys who have more recently tried it, how noticeable is the (diff)erence and are you happy with the solution?

I ordered some today and hope to change it on the weekend. I'd be interested in your comments, good or bad.

Cheers, Mike

#2 ·
Can't help you with diff, but I put some Castrol Syntrans into my toploader and it did wonders for the shift quality. Also stopped some slight baulking going from 2nd to 1st that the gearbox has always had.

I've only heard good things about the Castrol synthetic gearbox/diff fluids for heavy street use. Still it won't reverse any wear that has already happened, so it can't perform miracles if there is a lot of damage.

#3 ·
I got the Castrol Syth Diff oil in mine and clunks have reduced considerably, its been in there about 2000kms.

Also got the Castrol Syth Auto trans in the T5 and gear shift is better, but its still a bit of a bastard first thing in the day if over night temp was below 0. I also added an additive called 'Lubrizol' which is recommended for the 5speeds and it made it a bit better too.

#4 ·
I put it mine about 2 months ago and I haven't boo from it yet.

Even after a long drive (200-300) no more noise than normal. I might use synthetic motor oil next time if thats what it does to the diff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.