Clutch Cable "C" Clips - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2004, 01:36   #1 (permalink)
Bucknaked Is My Real Name

Clutch Cable "C" Clips

Just a quickie. Tuesday coming home from work, I went to push the clutch pedal to change gears, and the pedal goes all the way to the floor. So I pulled to the side of the road to check the problem. I grabbed the clutch cable and it came out of the mounting from the firewall. I figure, cable snapped. But when i grabbed the cable, she was still attached. So I managed to jam the plastic housing on an angle into the edge of the firewall mount. Enough to give me some clutch to get the car home, minus a tow. I checked the manual and the cable and I noticed 2 "C" Clips for adjusting the cable are missing. The manual shows them there. So, it seems the cable is ok, just the clips are missing. Rather than shelling out $72 for a new cable, I figured I would get new clips. Seems to be harder than I anticipated. Going to try Ford tommorow. Anyway, if i can't get the clips, anyone have any idea what I should use to make it long term fix. I thought about a radiator hose clamp. I can get it nice and tight, she wouldn't move. Maybe carry some spares incase I break one.

Anyway, just after some suggestions. I figured the "C"clips aren't really a good idea cause usually, they are thin clips. So i would think they would break on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance

Dwayne

P.S My car is a 1980 something XE wagon. 1984 I think. Its a 4 Speed and has a 4.1litre engine.
bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline