Ford Forums banner

Clutch Clevis Replacement

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pauljh74 
#1 ·
There is a little pivoting bracket that the end of the clutch cable connects into, which in turn connects to the clutch pedal at the top.

This is called the Clutch Clevis as i found out today when mine decided to fracture itself on Monday and drop the cable out while i was driving, leaving me no choice but to change gears without a clutch. Makes driving very interesting.

I went to Motor Traders here in Adelaide to source the new parts.

The part numbers for the parts i had to get to replace the complete assembly are as follows:

Clevis Clutch Control - P/N - XC 7664 A - $1.95

Bush Clutch Clevis - P/N - XC 7B605 A - $8.89 for both

I hope this helps anyone else out there who comes across this problem and i recommend to replace with brand new parts, rather than 2nd hand.

It also stopped my clutch pedal squeak too as the bushes were rootered.

Mick.

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine went at 60000kms on my EL XR6 and the RACV guy who came out to check out the car said to keep a spare in the glovebox. I think I spent no more than $5 on the parts. So even though I wouldn't really know how to replace one - especially fiddling around under the dash at night on the side of the road - the RACV guy could do it for me. As I didn't have the parts then, I got it towed to my mechanic who wasn't far away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.