Ford Forums banner

Clutch needs doing -what should it be worth?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dognamedboy 
#1 ·
Ok, I've been given a figure for my XR6 as below.

$320 PVR clutch
$320 Labour
$55 Machine Flywheel (optional)

Add $150 or so if I want a heavier duty clutch.

How does this sound ? Can I do better. The car will be mainly street driven with the occasional street meet drag.

Any recommendations for places in Sydney ?

#2 ·
I presume that would be a PBR clutch "kit" for $320. Sounds a little bit on the exxy side to me, I would have thought you could get a heavy duty one at that price. Clutch kit prices can vary greatly from supplier to supplier. Shop around I say.
$320for labour sounds about right.
$55 for flywheel mach is worth it, especially if you've been giving the clutch a hard time.

#6 ·
I would go a step further and have your flywheel balanced and then the pressure plate balanced on your flywheel.
Should only cost you an additional $50, and money well spent, will make for a smoother engine at high revs.

Give Graham a call in Seven Hills. PM me if you want his details.

Many pressure plates I've balanced have been out by a long way.

Rick.

#7 ·
Soxx said:
I would go a step further and have your flywheel balanced and then the pressure plate balanced on your flywheel.
Should only cost you an additional $50, and money well spent, will make for a smoother engine at high revs.

Give Graham a call in Seven Hills. PM me if you want his details.

Many pressure plates I've balanced have been out by a long way.

Rick.
Interesting. Sounds like a good idea. For $50 bucks why not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.