Clutch Pedal Switch - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2003, 03:17   #1 (permalink)
Formerly EAII_Fairmont

Question Clutch Pedal Switch

Even though I wasn't able to actually put my T5 in this weekend, I put the pedal box in to get it out of the way. This way I might actually keep my sanity when I do put the box in coz I won't have to do both jobs at once.

Anyway, I got the clutch pedal switch with the pedal box, but I'll be buggered if I can find where it plugs in!! I spent 45mins searching for it while I had the dash out, but no luck. Does it even exist in the EB's? The only other explanation I can think of is that my car has a different main wiring loom in it, being a Fairmont and they didn't come out with 5spd's.

121kW 2.5L DOHC V6 in a car that weighs 1100kg's and looks like a 4 banger from the outside......SLEEPER!

1988 EA S Pak 3spd CFI.....Soon to be a 250rwkw HSV eating machine.
Latest update......MPFI!!
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2003, 15:54   #2 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Re: Clutch Pedal Switch

Deleted in EB2 mate. Youll need to make up a bracket to fit the switch for the cruise however as the auto box possibly wont have it.
Old 10-19-2003, 15:56   #3 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Sorry, I assume your pedel box has the bracket for the cruise switch already. Being an EA pedel box itll have the 2 holes.

Stupid me.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:05   #4 (permalink)
Formerly EAII_Fairmont

Well it has a switch mounted to a bracket and a hole with nothing in it. The switch is grey with a flat 2 wire connector and I cannot find it's mate anywhere!! The car it came out of was an EA, but was an ED pedal box, so me thinks the original box fractured or the car had been converted.

I have not yet reinforced the firewall and was not going to bother, but after inspection of the wreckers yard, EVERY 5spd EA had a cracked or repaired firewall!! Certainly made my decision.

121kW 2.5L DOHC V6 in a car that weighs 1100kg's and looks like a 4 banger from the outside......SLEEPER!

1988 EA S Pak 3spd CFI.....Soon to be a 250rwkw HSV eating machine.
Latest update......MPFI!!
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:29   #5 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

So your now looking for the cruise switch plug?

The clutch switch for the computer wont exist in EB2 as it was deleted. The plug for the cruise control system cut out switch will not exist and youllneed to wire it into the same circuit as the brake cut out switch. The vac line for the cruise will also need to be tee'ed into the brake vac line. A little trick I did was to NOT wire the clutch switch into the brake. This means when I put the clutch in the vac drops in the cruise servo and drops the throttle. When I let the clutch back out I dont have to press resume as it doesnt acttually know the clutch has been used. The vac valves are a back up incase the electrcal switch fails. Wouldn't want the cruise still working if the brakeswitch failed nowwould we!
Old 10-20-2003, 11:44   #6 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

But if he wired the clutch switch into the brake switch, wouldn't the brake lights come on when he hits the clutch, or is there a different switch for the brake lights and the cruise?
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 15:52   #7 (permalink)
-

theres a different switch.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 16:44   #8 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Yeah the cruise switches are seperate. Basically they are wired in parrallel because obviously if they are wired in series you'd need BOTH clutch and brake to be pressed to deactivate the cruise.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline