Ford Forums banner

clutch problems

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BlownV8 
#1 ·
hey everyone iv got an XF Ghia and its running a 4 speed manual box. Ive had the car for about 3 years now and have had nothing but trouble with the clutch. When i brought the car i need it needed the clutch replacing so i opted for a heavy duty PBR clutch anout 5 months later i snapped the pressure plate and they said it was cause i was rideing the clutch or there was a faulty bearing or something. this was not a big hassel cause PBR have a one year warrentyso it was replaced. What im worried about now is this soft scrapeing noise when it is out of gear and your foot is not on the clutch. When you put you foot on the clutch it goes away. Just wondering what the problem would be and if anyone can give me some advice

#3 ·
sounds like the thrust bearing is on its way out. If you snapped the pressure plate, some fragments may have gotton into the thrust bearing, causing it to now have problems.. Do you still have warranty, as this should be covered by that as well. If not, only about a $40 part, and a few hours to replace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.