Clutch Problems AU SI V8 Ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2002, 18:50   #1 (permalink)
rexd000

Clutch Problems AU SI V8 Ute

Even since my clutch worn out at what I thought was an early stage 48,000k I have been having issues.

I chose to replace it with a Daikin clutch which was the aftermarket option offered to me by the dealer. 600 vs 1100 bucks. This first one gave me all sorts of problems, shudder on take off and a hum throughout the drivetrain at high revs.

So back to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty. They sent the clutch back to the manufacturer who said it was fine. The second one has had a shudder on take off since it went in. Initially the dealer said drive it and see if it wears in, and so I did and the problem was less noticeable. However now the problem is reasserting itself with vigour. Here is the list of current symptons.

1.Doing a standing start it is impossible to take off with out some vibration, do it on a hill and it will shake the shit out of the car.

2.Clutch makes clicking sounds as it is engaged, sounds similiar to an air bubble in the heater core, which is what I thought it was. But it only does it when operating the clutch.

3.Yesterday I just happened to hit the rev limiter in first and it stuck in gear, couldn't get out of first until I slammed the pedal to the floor and ripped it our of gear.

Went to the dealer's main service center today and the guy played with it for 3mins and said it was stuffed. He said it felt like the pressure plate was cracked or broken. They will replace it for labour cost only, which I figure I will do because it won't sell like it is.

So my questions are as follows:
From those symptons anyone know what is wrong with it.
Who makes the Ford original clutches and can you get them aftermarket? If so anyone know the model number for a 99 V8 AU ute?

Anyone else tried the Daikin clutch?

Finally anyone want to buy a 99 V8 AU ute with a bung clutch, going real cheap, if you beat my dealer's valuation for trafe-in you can have the bastard. Apart from the clutch it is a good car. Reason for sale - Getting a Pursuit 250.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2002, 19:28   #2 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power

The PBR kits are the same as the ford clutch kits. You want to get part number 1195. I recommend RPM1195 though as it's more heavy duty. Did they machine the flywheel when installing the new clutch??? The click, well mine used to do this. We worked out eventually. It ended up being a worn front bearing retainer on the gearbox. We changed that and it came back about a month later. We then found that the grease was drying out due to heat, removed the dust cover from the belhousing and it's been fine ever since.
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 15:20   #3 (permalink)
rexd000

Anyone know where to get the RPM1195 cheap?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline