Ford Forums banner

clutch troubles!

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  b-juggles 
G
#1 ·
Hi fellas,

I'm new to the forum, just wondering if anyone with a factory EA 5 speed could tell me where their clutch cable runs through the engine compartment and/or problems they have had with transmition over the years- my clutch has been feeling stiff lately and I've noticed it has been reinforced around the cable connection into the engine wall. The cable itself runs under the motor and sump, I've been told that this is unusual and may be the problem. Any ideas?

Cheers!
-Tom

#2 ·
Nope, the cable is meant to run down the side of the exahust manifold then under the back of the motor to the fork....

You could have one of three problems..

1. Cable not correctly adjusted (due to wear of clutch etc) soluttion adjust the tension in the cable (thats too obvious hey!!)

2. the mount where the clutch pedal connects to the pedal box could be bent making it harder to engage/disengage clutch, - stick you head under there and see if the top of the pedal/mount is bent back or buckled. (this happened to me, and I had the same symptoms) Solution, dash out, weld pedal box, or new pedal box.

3. Clutch could be rooted....

Hopes its the first one!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.