commodore t5 in fords? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2006, 03:38   #1 (permalink)

commodore t5 in fords?

hey guys.. ok so im a commy lover but i need u guys help.
i blew reverse in my manual and its a t5, ive herd that the fords or some of them have a t5 in them... is this true?

is there in difference in them aswell?
and if they do have t5's in them what year and models were that that had the t5.

thanks guys
vn-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2006, 05:15   #2 (permalink)

Re: commodore t5 in fords?

G'day,
there are so many versions of the T5 it isn't funny.
If you want to swap the whole box then you have a chance!

First thing you need is box lengths

A. From front face of housing to end of mainshaft
B. From front face of imput shaft to end of mainshaft

The spline on the input shaft however is the same.

On the falcons, there is a difference between 6 and 8 cylinder boxes in measurment B....exactly 20 mm ( iam unsure if this rings true for holdens)

If you can match up the measurements then the next port of call is spigot bearing size, then mount position on the extension housing.

My experience has shown that holden T5 installations are typically close ratio's and the fords are wide ratios.

IT is plausible, and if they measure up it can be done. If you do a lot of towing, then i would be searching for a box fitted to and ford commercial, as they have a low first and reverse.

Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 14:11   #3 (permalink)

Re: commodore t5 in fords?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vn-88
hey guys.. ok so im a commy lover but i need u guys help.
i blew reverse in my manual and its a t5, ive herd that the fords or some of them have a t5 in them... is this true?

is there in difference in them aswell?
and if they do have t5's in them what year and models were that that had the t5.

thanks guys
Input shaft spline and spigot diameter are different between Ford and Holden. All pre AU boxes are the same length. Mount style and crossmember position are different between Ford and Holden. Shifter position is different between Ford and Holden. VN V8 has a different bolt pattern to all the other local boxes. No Holden ran the low first gear box, and there is no input shaft to make it fit. I6 and V6 boxes are very similar inside, Ford and holden V8 boxes are very similar inside as well. Much easier to just get yours fixed. Ben.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline