Diff into supra with a 302 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2003, 23:05   #1 (permalink)

Smile Diff into supra with a 302

Hi everyone, I had this thread in the windsor section, but thought i might get more views in here. I have a 1983 supra soon to be fitted with a boss 302. The diff in it's ratio is way to high for the v8, with the 6 it used to rev at 3k @ 110km/hr. I was told, the best aim for my revs at this speed with the 8 is 2150-2200rpm. I was also told a good diff centre to replace it with is a hilux centre. Does anyone know which hilux lsd would be the best to put in it? year model etc... The person on here told me they use the same gears as the old supra one.
thanks - any help is appreciated.
302_supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2003, 23:25   #2 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

I reckon you'll have better luck talking to a toyota enthusiast or your local dif shop, i'm sure they will have seen just about every combination and probably a few more.

Where abouts are you?
if you're in melbourne theres a place I hear lots of good stuff about in Keysborough....

Keysborough Diff Centre...I dont have the address or phone number, but they have an ad in parts peddler.

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 23:30   #3 (permalink)

diff into supra with a 302

Im in Brisbane mate...Yeah i was originally going to put a 9" in it, but the costs to cut it down were just through the roof...
Old 05-31-2003, 04:22   #4 (permalink)
Red-i

Re: diff into supra with a 302

Quote:
Originally posted by 302_supra
Im in Brisbane mate...Yeah i was originally going to put a 9" in it, but the costs to cut it down were just through the roof...
And the weight of the 9" would kill any hope of a quick takeoff unless the 302 is worked off its' nuts and or running NOS. I'd go with the Hilux diff/rear end as it'd handle a street driven 302w. There's a 10 sec. Toyota van with a 350 chev still using the standard Totota diff.
Old 05-31-2003, 18:57   #5 (permalink)

Diff into supra with a 302

Yeah the 9" is a little impractical for my purpose. Which hilux does the lsd come off that is compatible with mine?
Old 05-31-2003, 20:01   #6 (permalink)

Diff into supra with a 302

Sorry guys i take back what i said before about my supposed ratios, the one on my car at the moment i have been advised is at least 4.1:1 or may even be 4.3:1 i think this is way too high? The hilux diff is 3.7:1...is this more suitable or still to high? To give me and idea, ony of my dads mates has a fairlane non lsd/ irs diff in his, which seems to work fine on his...what ratio would that have? Seeing as im getting the same engine i think something similar would be adviseable?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline