Ford Forums banner

diff recomendations for 93 eb II !!! your comments please

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  NZ 
#1 ·
hey guys

well im i the process of trying to get a stage 2 crow cam , pacemaker headers with a lukey zorst. aswell as pedders sports ryder suspension.

my question is is it worth chasing around a xr6 diff and throwing that in it and if so outa what model ?

at the moment its a stock eb II 4ltr 4 spd auto

ne help would be great

:zzz: now later ppl

#2 ·
I will be going a 3.7 LSD for my setup very very very very very soon. so you might say im getting it soon.

#3 ·
silver bullet said:
hey guys

well im i the process of trying to get a stage 2 crow cam , pacemaker headers with a lukey zorst. aswell as pedders sports ryder suspension.

my question is is it worth chasing around a xr6 diff and throwing that in it and if so outa what model ?

at the moment its a stock eb II 4ltr 4 spd auto

ne help would be great

:zzz: now later ppl
An XR6 diff would most likely be cheaper than getting one built so it ould be a good idea if you don't want the hassel of either having your car off the road while it gets done or finding a diff to be swapped over. The diff from any EB2 - EL will fit your car i a word.

The EB - ED diff will fit straight in in most cases.

The EF and El diffs require a bit of creativity. The brake setup is totally different so you need to use the EB caliper backing plates, calipers and handbrake cable. The brake lines are also slightly different as the breather hose (and the brake line junction) is mounted further out, so creates a bit of a problem because you need to do a little bit of bending (carefully) to get them to fit. The wheel studs are also a fair bit longer on EF and EL so depending on what wheels and wheel nuts you have, thatbcould be a problem. I know for a fact the EA Ghia and S Pac nuts will not fit as they have a closed end and do not tighted up against the rim as they bottom out. The open end type that were on the Fairmont work however. IF you are lucky enough and already have a 28 spline diff in your car you can just swap the axles over to get the shorter wheel studs, but if you only had 25 spline axles then you'd just need to source some appropriate wheel nuts (these are scatterd all over the place at wreckers).

Depending on what diff you have already a 3.45 might not provide THAT much of a difference. I went from a 3.27 to a 3.45 and although noticible it wouldn't have been worth it if I didnt get the diff cheaply.

All food for thought

#4 ·
how do u find out what ya got in there at the moment ??//

#5 ·
know what rpm u get @ 100km/h.
i'd assume a 3.08

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.