Disappearing transmission fluid - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 21:15   #1 (permalink)

Disappearing transmission fluid

For some reason my 93 Explorer isn't holding transmission fluid. I have to add fluid about every month and a half. There is no leaking on the ground that is visible and my dad has checked all the seals and they are dry as a whistle. I did have some vacuum hoses blow back in Feb and had those fixed by a family member (who hates Fords!!). I'm taking it into the transmission shop tomorrow...but being a girl I know they will try and jack with me. Any ideas on what may be going on so I know if the are talking bs to me.

Thanks everyone!!

Jennifer
TexasDeeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2004, 04:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: Disappearing transmission fluid

they do a have problem with the trans fluid leaking into the transfer case so get someone to check transfer oil level 1st and if overfull that may be the problem, the only other place is into the radiator via the transmission cooler system. good luck
automatics of marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline