Ford Forums banner

Do diffs make differences

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Axeman82 
#1 ·
Allrighty then.
I got the EB6 pot with cam, exhaust, computer. Making 127rw/kw and 450NM of torque. Now its got a 3.23 diff in it and it doesn't launch off the line like i would like. Would puttin a higher ratio in like a 3.8 or something around this ratio help or not. Also any idea what the rpm at 100k would be, its a auto as well.
Cheers for any help.

#2 ·
id go 3.7's you will have the edge over the xr6 boys, without reving to much up high.....
i would convert to manual 2 with 3.7's you pik gears, and actually have to slip the clutch to ensure good hard launch... other wise wheel spin comes into play.....
revs beetween 2400-2700 at 100 kmph not sure as i have no taco,

#4 ·
nope i dont think 3.7's hinder top ennd at all, WHO HAS HIT REV LIMITER IN 4th before in an auto......... if you can hit limiter 5750 in 5th with 3.7's and 205/65 tires its a top speed over 240/250 kmph.......

#5 ·
with an auto... it'll have u sitting on about 2200-2250rpm @ 100km/h with 3.7 diff gears.
going from 3.23 i'd deffinately stretch to either 3.7 or 3.9
If its an auto, i'd say 3.9's
if u plan to go manual, 3.7's

it does make quite a bit of a difference :D

#7 ·
2450-2500 i'd estimate.

#12 ·
3.9 it is now, i just need some tyres that are legal, a trans cooler to keep the thing cool from the higher pressure vps and then diff it is.
cheers for the help ill let ya know the diff it makes.
HA HA get it diff it makes and im talkin about diff's. man im bored

#13 ·
EB6 said:
HA HA get it diff it makes and im talkin about diff's.
:bp::bp::bp:

You might well find the diff improves your dyno result. The big problem as I understand it is that if you want your speedo accurate, you cannot get a speedo sender gear to suit and you'll need an electronic device costing hundreds. But then I've also heard this issue has been addressed. Does anyone know for sure?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.