driveline shunt normal on new BA manual v8's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2004, 06:12   #1 (permalink)

driveline shunt normal on new BA manual v8's

i am a owner of a blood orange BA GT that i brought last december it was a demo with 4700km. it stated off well with no driveline disfunctions then as the km's reached about 7000 to 8000km's it developed the driveline shunt, took it in to a local dealer to see what the problem was, they assesed the car and anounced that it was normal for the car. put up with it until started
hearing about other BA's. At 15000Km service had service manager drive car
agreed not right. so today i had an FPV tecnition drive my car HA HA HA Told me to my amazment THIS IS NORMAL. asked him why it didnt do it from the start but got a reply of that he could take any new BA manual v8 and make it shunt. he proposed that it was nothing out of the ordanary and it is a part of the cars charater. . What to do now?
FPV_Boss_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2004, 06:28   #2 (permalink)

Re: driveline shunt normal on new BA manual v8's

I did speak to Phil tonight about this problem. I will add to this, I drove this car about 3 weeks ago, I have driven quiet a few GTs in the last six months, THIS CAR IS THE WORST IVE COME ACROSS. I thought mine was bad, this one is twice as bad. Phil drove mine, he thought mine was ok to what he has been putting up with.
This FPV bloke today, drove it on the HWY at 100kph, rode the clutch to avoid or to minimise it banging, didnt want to take it into traffic, HE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING to avoid the problems, then told PHIL it was an average one, hes seen worse. This is the attitude they are taking, so it looks like the standard line is cominig out, all is normal. So I will address this with MR GREY at FPV, see what he has to say, as that is one of the problems ive got with my GT.
Adventra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:30   #3 (permalink)

Welcome to the forums mate.

Your story sounds very similar to mine unfortunately.

Please read the thread below about my experiences in trying to get the shunt rectified in our GT.

Driveline Shunt; Finally gettng some action from Ford.
mondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:35   #4 (permalink)

can one of you guys record the noise for me.. i would love to be able sympathise if i could actually hear it
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:38   #5 (permalink)
Movin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
can one of you guys record the noise for me.. i would love to be able sympathise if i could actually hear it
me too, my diff has done 24,000km and is fine...
Old 05-24-2004, 06:43   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
I bet you drive an AUTO, the people on here that have no idea, they seem to be AUTO.
I will describe it for you, its a loud banging noise coming out from under the car, when you put the foot on the clutch, heavy traffic is a nightmare, I find if I turn the stereo up to about 20, you can only feel it through the pedal, the stereo at 20 seems to overcome the diff whine as well, but I better stop now, I might get accused by the 3 or 4 on here that IM WHINGEING, we cant have that now, all our cars are perfect, NOT
Adventra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:46   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 522
I bet you drive an AUTO, the people on here that have no idea, they seem to be AUTO.
I will describe it for you, its a loud banging noise coming out from under the car, when you put the foot on the clutch, heavy traffic is a nightmare, I find if I turn the stereo up to about 20, you can only feel it through the pedal, the stereo at 20 seems to overcome the diff whine as well, but I better stop now, I might get accused by the 3 or 4 on here that IM WHINGEING, we cant have that now, all our cars are perfect, NOT
I wouldnt own an auto... But thanks for presuming i did just because i havent got the shunt...

I never said your winging....I just wanna hear it.....There u go changed my Sig for ya just to clear that up for u :)
Old 05-24-2004, 06:47   #8 (permalink)
Respect the Bulge

If you option up to the premium sound system the 150 watts will drown out most noises and driving is then most enjoyable. It is amazing how Iron Maiden or Metalica played at 35 cures all ills in my day.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:49   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP151
If you option up to the premium sound system the 150 watts will drown out most noises and driving is then most enjoyable. It is amazing how Iron Maiden or Metalica played at 35 cures all ills in my day.
lol
Old 05-24-2004, 06:49   #10 (permalink)

yah well it is just not acceptable the new BA was suposted to be the new start for ford to get tehm bak on top of the competetors but it looks as if they are going to any degree to make it even if it takes the dissatifation of the buyers, they know what the prob is from the way inwhich he drove my car today he didnt take it in taffic were the prob is evident. come on ford amitt u have a disfunction and fix it, it will only make it better for business if u address your fults and satify consumers.
FPV_Boss_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline