Ford Forums banner

EA Diff into ED

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rollin 
#1 ·
Hey ppl,

I might be able to get ahold of a LSD diff out of a EA 5peed. Think the ratio is 2.92. I have the 5 speed in my car that this diff was originally out of. All I want to know is what will I have to change to fit the EA diff to my ED. I heard I will need the EA tail shaft which I already have. Cause the ED tail shaft bolts up 2 plates together but the EA joins wit the uni or sumfin like that, also the trailing arm bushes on the ea r fatter. But the friedn sed all i need is EA trailing arms. That is no prob either. But is there anythin else stoppin me doin this.

Also what rpm would it be doin at 100kmh?? 99% of my drivin is highway (country) so the 2.92 sounds good so far.

neways thanks
Matt:)

#2 ·
i think you will find that the ED actually has bigger lower rear trailing arm bushes than the EA, so you will either have to bend the lower mounting points outwards carefully with a hammer and an adjustable spanner, or fit EA lower control arms.

also the mounts for the anti-roll bar where it attaches to the diff are different, so you will need the metal plates that attach to the EA diff and also the bolts that go with them.

good luck mate, its not that hard, just be carefull and make sure all the bolts are tight!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.