Ford Forums banner

EA- ED Rocker Gear (full reco)

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Bass Crazy 
#1 ·
I have for sale a set of rocker gear for an EA - ED. I bought it from Simon (Bass Crazy) a while ago and used it on my engine in the EA but had swap over the engines due piston problems. Simon had put a reco kit through it before I bought it and also shimmed it (I'm not sure what this means but perhaps he can explain further). I also have a few spares of those plastic clip things that tend to break after 10 years.

I can't post a pic of them because my camera was stolen by a crazy indian (don't buy a Kodak CX 3200 camera if it appears on the forums :s4). The gear itself is still bright. That means it isnt stained and all orange/brown as they usually are found in old motors.
I have no objection to COD or I can deliver on Aug 9th meet or they can be picked up on the 8th 9th or 10th from melb.

Price is $70 dollars. Save yourself the hassel and buy this today instead of recoing your rocker set :s6:

#5 ·
HAHAHA.. Just J/k.
When I took the EA's donk apart to do the head work/reco/gasket etc. I rebuilt the lifters. I was advised by the guy doing the haed reco that small shims would help prevent any start up ticking (as well as the oil restricter kit I had installed).
So yeah, the rockers are fine with a stock cam as both myself and NZ used it with stock cams.
Also, if you get a Wade or Mock cam, it might save you having to put additional shims in.

Simon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.