Ford Forums banner

EA T5 on AU serIII into EA HELP !!!

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  OED666 
#1 ·
hey

i want to put an EA T5 onto a au series 3 engine into my ea. I will eventually have all the original wiring out of the au into my ea. The au is a 4 speed auto with economy switch. My question is will i need to get an au series 3 manual computer and will the T5 fit on the au ser3. If i need a computer how much and where can i get it from.

thanks

ben

#4 ·
are you running the BBM from the AU engine... My car is running the auto computer, but is a manual...

If you dont run the BBM manifold from the AU engine, you will be able to run the EA MPI computer...

It might be a stupid question, but you have got thermofans???

#7 ·
You are going to need to by-pass Smartlock, if you want to use all of the AU wiring and computer etc...

I am going to be upgrading to an AU engine soon, and I am going to keep the existing manifold, as the flow rate i think is a little better up in the rev range then and BBM.

The EA 5 Speed is the weakest box eva... With a bit of thrashing it wont be looking too good.

You will get plenty of pep out of your car if you keep your original inlet manifold. Also, I think the ED inlet manifold flows a little more than EA-EB Manifolds...

I have 179 rwhp and i havent done many mods at all. Best thing is put a better cam in...

#8 ·
OED666 said:
I am going to keep the existing manifold, as the flow rate i think is a little better up in the rev range then and BBM.

You will get plenty of pep out of your car if you keep your original inlet manifold. Also, I think the ED inlet manifold flows a little more than EA-EB Manifolds...
Yeah the fixed runner manifolds do flow slightly better up high but you loose a ton of power through the midrange. BBM take about a second off the 0-100 and 1/4 mile times so I would be using the BBM if possible.

#12 ·
aren't the T5 from the AU diff to the T5 from E series? like the shifter possition?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.