Ford Forums banner

EAGhiaII Auto advice please!!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mongrelEB 
#1 ·
Hi ...

I need some advice on my Auto. (I have an 89 EAGhiaII 4spd auto) The other day I was driving on the Ring Rd (doing 100k's) and with no warning, the car just rev'd out loudly and the speedo went to "0" (while driving). It didn't drop gear, it felt more like it had gone into neutral and it just slipped back into gear (no hard banging) It rev'd out for about 2-3 seconds then comfortably went back into gear. This has never happened b4. I had a trans sevice about 2 months ago. It's only done it that once BUT it's obviously a lead up to a problem. Being a female, I'm worried about taking it to an Auto place without some advice from here first bcoz I don't wanna be ripped off. I'm thinking it's a solanoid? I had this Auto fitted about 4 years ago (changeover)

Any advice or suggestions would be really appreciated ... thanks :eek:)

#5 ·
-FPV_FPR- said:
I rang the guys at Transtyle (they fitted my Auto) and I didn't tell them the advice I was given on here and they told me straight out "sounds like your speedo sensor" $85 and all will be better tomorrow. So I know I'm not being ripped off!!

Thanks heaps :eek:)
Alls well then!!!

#7 ·
Also try the earth strap between the box and the passenger floor. A bad earth can cause similar symptoms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.