EB V8 auto trans and diff probs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2004, 04:40   #1 (permalink)

EB V8 auto trans and diff probs

First of all the other day I went to change my auto manually from first to second and so on , but when I put it in first, it acts like it's in Drive it automatically changes to second then third. Same with all other gears. I cant manually change my gears. Is that just the Inhibitor switch? Second When I first Bought my car I used to rip mad LSD Burnouts. It would leave two marks on the road and kick out sideways. Now when I do Burnouts I can only feel the drivers side wheel doing the burnout. And it only leaves one tyre mark on the road. But if I'm at a stand still and I do a line locker it leaves two marks but, the arse end drifts to the left and the right wheel leaves a much darker mark than the left. Is this a serious problem with my diff? The car is a Fairmont EB II 5.0 ltre non ABS. Mind you my tyres are bald as F@#K. If anyone could help I would much appreciate it.
jibsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2004, 06:10   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Re: EB V8 auto trans and diff probs

Sounds like the clutches in the LSD are getting worn turning it basically into an open wheeler. As for the auto, a service might bring it back to normal, but again it sounds like it is getting a little worn. How many kms has the car done?
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 07:18   #3 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

The gear selection issue sounds like the PNRD switch. It will default to Drive if the signal from it is out of range. So hence manual selection of gars is not avalible.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:44   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ
The gear selection issue sounds like the PNRD switch. It will default to Drive if the signal from it is out of range. So hence manual selection of gars is not avalible.
Is it that switch on the side of the trannie? The white one with two connections? Is it easy to change?
jibsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline