Ford Forums banner

EF 3.45:1 LSD diff into EBII conversion finished!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  NZ 
#1 ·
since there wasnt much info shedded on this conversion i thought i might give some info about it.

i swapped my diff over today. there was no dramas or hickups along the way. i didnt weld on new brackets for the brake lines. i used the existing brackets from the orginal hand brake cable. i swapped over the axle shafts as well with no drammas. all i needed was the d bush bracket for the sway bar off the ef aswell as it is different.

the car drives ALOT better now with out any clunks or weird noises on gear changes or in neutral. Although while driving there is like a zippy whining noise all the time.. kind of the noise some tyres make. im guessing this is may be from the new oil in it. (i used redline high performance synthetic oil) its not too loud but noticable. any suggestions on this please?

also my speedo is out, does anyone know how fast i should be doing on my speedo if want to be doing say 50km/hr? it seems like 60 to me but an exact answer would be good :p anyways this is very easy to do and doesnt take much more time than swapping over a normal eb diff so if u cant fine an eb diff id get an ef one!

Cheers...

See less See more
#4 ·
i swaped axle shafts because the brake system is different on the ef to the eb, and also the bolts for the tyres on the ef are longer than the eb ones by about 1cm. well as for revs the speedo is out... so doing 100km/hr, before it sat at about 1900rpm, and now it sits at 2000rpm but ofcourse 100 isnt a 100 so who knows. Still need to change the damn pinion bearings damn it, that whining noise is getting louder... the risk you take buying 2nd hand stuff i guess :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.