Ford Forums banner

EF/EL 5spd conversioners! :D

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  OED666 
#1 ·
Has anyone here with an EF/L done the 5spd gearbox conversion?

#3 ·
how r u gonna tackle the ecu bem compatibility problems old mate?

#5 ·
EA falcon man said:
how r u gonna tackle the ecu bem compatibility problems old mate?
Yer I've come to the conclusion that there really isn't a problem. Did a search on all the related topics and started my own thread about it but no-one seems to have a concrete answer as to why the BEM wouldn't be compatible with the manual ecu, or why for that matter the auto ecu can't just be "modified" like what many other people do with there EA-ED's.

BTW if i'm wrong on this someone please say so as I genuinly want to know why it was said that the high series BEM would caus problems if used with a lower series ECU...

#6 ·
as said elsewhere, the only probs i've heard was with fordfan351's car, but thats V8 and was more then just a manual conversion ;)

#7 ·
well i did a conversion on a eb and my mate did one on a ef and we both used the auto computers. The only thing is that the car wont idle right thats about it, You might wanna ground PIN 30 but it doesnt really make a difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.