EF / EL / AU Adjustable Shift Modules Available - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2004, 18:36   #1 (permalink)
Hanging Around

EF / EL / AU Adjustable Shift Modules Available

For anyone thats interested -

I have a limited quantity of adjustable shift modules for EF / EL / AU.
They will work on EF / EL / AU 6 cyl or AU V8.

They are adjustable by a potentiometer, therefore giving you total control over the shift firmness, and are also switched, allowing it to be turned on or off.

The potentiometer requires a 9mm mounting hole and is 42mm in diameter, and 25mm deep.

Also I am currently developing BA Shift modules, and will hopefully have them available in the next few weeks.

For more info, send me an email...
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2004, 21:29   #2 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

Re: EF / EL / AU Adjustable Shift Modules Available

Do these modules speed up the delay as to when it actually decides to shift, or only the shift itself?
And are they a plug in thing going between a loom connector or do they need to be spliced in?

And lastly, how much are they?

Rick.
Old 06-15-2004, 21:48   #3 (permalink)
Hanging Around

Rick,

The modules give you a firmer or harder shift between gears, effectively the same as a hardware shift kit on other transmissions (ie C4 / FMX etc)
The shift firmness on these adjustable ones is determined by the position of the control potentiometer. The modules can also be switched off, therefore reverting to factory type shifts.

The modules do not change the shift points as these are determined by the ECU (road speed / rpm etc)

The modules require splicing into the ecu or tcm harness, basically its one splice and one cut and join. Very easy to reverse the installation of required.

For more info and pricing follow this LINK

Last edited by LunaticSVT; 06-16-2004 at 06:29.
Old 06-15-2004, 21:58   #4 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

I might try one of those.
I think you should also work on a way to minimise the delay shifting down when opening the throttle quickly.

Rick.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:33   #5 (permalink)
gone

Commercial Posts
Fordforums is able to remain free to members only through the support of advertisers and supporting vendors and dealers. We would not have them supporting the site for long if we were to allow commercial postings by anyone else in the forums. For this reason we have instated a no commercial postings policy. The only exceptions, of course, are for the supporting vendors and dealers that keep the site free.
If you receive products for free or at a special discount from a vendor you must disclose that information when you make posts regarding that product. Any other type of vested interest that could cause you to potentially have a biased opinion must be disclosed.
We ask that you follow the guidelines below.
1. You may not post links to products or 'deals' offered by non-supporting vendors.
2. You may not have commerical links in your posts or signature to non-supporting vendor sites.
3. You may not post about cars you've seen for sale on dealer lots or products and prices that you've seen at commercial stores. One reason for this is that it's easy for commercial interests to register a name and act as if they are not associated with the business that they "advertise".
Feel free to discuss particular products and even to ask for advice on where to get it at the best price. If you read a post like this and want to share a non-supporting vendor's offering with the person placing the post you can do so by e-mail. This is also true of listings for cars for sale.
Any posts or links directing someone to a non-supporting vendor/dealer will be deleted without warning. This can also be grounds for removal of posting rights.
If it is brought to our attention that you are a company or business using the FordForums.Com Bulletin Board to promote your business or to sell or distribute products of a retail nature, you will be automatically billed with our standard advertising rates, one month per occurrence.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:43   #6 (permalink)
RIP Sox.....

Isn't he just doing that as a hobby?

Rick.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:01   #7 (permalink)
gone

LoL

I doubt it

Not with the charges as quoted

Also, here is an interesting thread thats been quoted to me from another user of the forums

Electronic BTR shift kit module.

Now lets not debate what is or isnt a Hobby
Old 06-16-2004, 06:15   #8 (permalink)
'90 EA-II Fairmont

but he also shows how to make them for ones self?
Rosewood EAII Fairmont 02/90. MPFI 3.9L (formerly CFI), 4spd BTR Auto. Skyline geared 3.45g open center 28 spline 4 pinion differential & axles. 2 1/2" Cat Back Exhaust. King Super Low Springs. Sound: Equalization and amplification by Clarion; Head unit by Sony, Front, Rears and Sub by Pioneer. Planned mods - t5, Extractors, Painting Grey Strips and new front and rear bar.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:30   #9 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

I guess this would mean we could plaster ads all over his site too then? Whats fair is fair right?

So getting a few bits from the store a plastic box and some wire is worth how much?

Also, if this is a hobby then why has he been selling them on Ebay for 40$?

Thread closed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline