EF/EL diff in EBII/ED - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2004, 21:32   #1 (permalink)
GUN.40L

EF/EL diff in EBII/ED

Hey guys, ive been looking around for a diff for my EBII but cant find what im after, all i can find is ones from ef's and el's. now i have looked up some posts and found some info on this conversion, although im not sure if this is different to an ea, like the trailing arm, the yokes and shaft and all that, are they the same as in the ef to my car or are they different?? if anyone has done this to an EBII or ED could you please tell me what i will need from the donor car all together? Also are the diffs in V8's, such as XR8's the same as the XR6 (3.45:1?) or will it fit into a 6? Thanks guys....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2004, 21:38   #2 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

Re: EF/EL diff in EBII/ED

the diff itself will bolt in fine EB2==>EL, however the hand break arangement is diffrent. afaik all XR's have 3.45:1 ratio, altho some XR8's may have 3.27

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 00:14   #3 (permalink)
GUN.40L

it bolts straight on.... but what about the lower arm bushes and other stuff liek the shaft, yolkes and that?? do any need changing??
Old 05-12-2004, 03:13   #4 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Ive put an EF diff into my EB2. You will need to unbolt your brake and caliper plates and use them. The EF brake has a disc/drum setup. Disc for the braking, drum for the handbrake. Physically it will bolt in but you will need to get creative with your brake lines as the breather tube is moved slightly. It does work.

Trailing arm bushes will all fit. If you get an XR diff, try to get the upper trailing arms. If you can get them use the lowest mounting hle for the upper trailing arms. If you have to use your arms from the GLi use the highest mount hole
Old 05-12-2004, 06:41   #5 (permalink)
GUN.40L

so all i need to do is bend the brake lines or lengthen them to suit the discs off the eb?? nothing else needed?? peice of cake then what about from an exr8 would that bolt straight in too? thanks... ooh one more thing.. what will it say on hte tag if its an lsd??
Old 05-14-2004, 01:50   #6 (permalink)
wants a manual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSXR8
ooh one more thing.. what will it say on hte tag if its an lsd??
there will be a seperate tag on the the diff. it is held on by the big bolt on the housing. so you should have two tags, the diff ratio one and the big one on the bolt if its LSD.
John_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 15:14   #7 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

EF/EL diffs have a sticker on the left side axle tube stating the ratio from memory and the tag on the filler plug to say its LSD. They didnt have the long tag the earlier model diff's had
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Trans | Driveline