Ford Forums banner

f250 tranny troubles

2K views 0 replies 0 participants last post by  nyates 
G
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 1999 F250 Superduty 4x4 V10 5 speed manual. I found out the extension housing on the back of the transmission was broken. Both ears were cracked off where it bolts to the transmission mount. I replaced the extension housing and 2 days later it broke again along with a large section of the casting on the back of the engine where 2 bell housing bolts were opposite the starter. When I mounted the tranny it wanted to pull to the passenger side of the truck, so I pushed it over and bolted it down. I talked to a ford shop manager and he said that the pressure from the tranny pulling right along with the torque from the motor must have done it. He said to replace both motor mounts and the tranny mount. I pulled the motor and tranny, had the extension mount and back of engine welded at a machine shop, and reinstalled them with all new mounts. Everything lined up very straight and went together very well. I took the truck for a test drive and the tranmission broke again. I didn't even beat it, it broke when I shifted between 2nd and 3rd gear at about 3/4 throttle. I was wondering if anyone has heard of any problems like this and if so how can I keep this from happening again?

thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.